Hovermap is a self-contained payload which includes a rotating LiDAR and on-board processing to analyse the LiDAR data in real-time. It can be mounted to any drone as a passive LiDAR mapping solution or interfaced to compatible drone autopilots (DJI Matrice M200 and M300 Series) to provide advanced autonomous flight capabilities.
SLAM-based LiDAR Mapping Hovermap utilises Simultaneous Localisation and Mapping (SLAM) algorithms instead of heavy and expensive GPS/INS hardware. This allows accurate 3D mapping in GPS-denied environments such as indoors, underground or close to large structures. LiDAR data is logged on-board and post-processed to produce 3D point clouds. The accurate point clouds enable the generation of as-built plans of complex 3D structures or volumetric calculations of earthworks, stock piles or underground mine stopes. Automatic alignment of consecutive scans allows for the detection of small changes between scans.
VF1- Vertical Mounted LiDAR Puck
HF1 - Horizontal Mounted LiDAR Puck
- Unique two-in-one plug-and-play payload provides mapping and autonomy
- No GPS required for mapping
- Suitable for night-time or low-light mapping
- Rapid Data processing for in-field results
Additional Features of Autonomous Packages
- Collision avoidance keeps drone safe while flying close to structures to inspect and map them
- GPS-denied flight allows flying indoors, underground or under bridges
- Spherical Field of View - map and avoid collisions below, above and all-around.
Lidar range: Up to 100m
Lidar accuracy: +/- 3cm
Angular field of view: 360° x 360°
Laser safety: Class 1 eye safe
Data acquisition speed: 300,000 points/sec
File size: ~300MB/min
Point cloud file format: .las, .laz, .ply, .dxf
Input voltage: 12 – 50V (e.g. 4s LiPo)
Weight: 1.8 kg (3.95 pounds)
Quick-release mounting mechanism: Yes